Time to start prepping your abode for the holiday season! Whether you have guests staying with you over the holiday period or not, de-cluttering and 'guestifying' your home is good to do for the soul. Ringing in the new year with a neat, organized and comfortable space will (hopefully) set the tone for the rest of the year to come. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
1. De-clutter. Take a look around your home, one room at a time. Think about the items that you have in each room and consider whether you really need them. Try to Be as objective as possible. You may well discover that there are plenty of items that could be discarded or temporarily removed.
2. Purge your fridge. You'll need room for all the Christmas treats!
3. If you’ve removed all of that clutter then you’re well on your way to preparing your home for Christmas. After tidying, it’s time to think about cleaning. If you have guests staying with you especially, you'll want your house in tip-top condition so that it looks its best. Consider giving the carpet a good shampoo and don't forget about the upholstery!
4. Deck the halls! Put up your Christmas tree and throw a tree-decorating party with your family, neighbours or friends. Hang up your Christmas stockings, wreaths, get the Christmas-themed dinnerware out and add festive touches to each room in the house. Christmas only comes around once a year - you might as well go all out!
5. Set up your guest quarters with luxurious linen. You want your visitors to be as comfortable as possible - they'll appreciate it more than you know! Fold bath and hand towels and guest robes at the foot of the bed in the guest room. Place a packaged toothbrush on top. Guest slippers are another nice touch.
Head to The Christmas Shop for more home inspiration and to shop by theme, and click here to see our Christmas catalogue. Happy holidays!