Picking the perfect Christmas gift doesn't have to be a tedious process. Take a look at our five-step plan to help you pick a gift they will love, right down to the finishing touches. For more gift ideas and inspiration, head to our brand new Christmas catalogue here!
1. First things first, sit down and make a list of everyone you have to buy for with the budget you'd like to spend for each person. If you're stuck trying to figure out how much you want to spend on a particular person, try to remember what they bought you in previous years, and use that as a benchmark.
2. Have a brainstorm and jot down some ideas of what you want to buy each person before going shopping. There's no bigger time-waster than hitting the shops and not knowing where to start! Try and think back to when that person has mentioned brands, designers, styles, fragrances - anything that might give you clues about what they do and don't like.
3. Go shopping alone. When shopping alone, you don't have the guilty conscience of making someone wait around for you to ponder over gift ideas, and you're also not influenced by other peoples' opinions. It's better to stick to your gut feeling when finding the perfect gift. And don't forget your ideas list!
4. The card matters. Don't just buy a card and write a standard "Merry Christmas!" on it. Allocate a couple of hours to sit down with a good quality pen and write a nice, heartfelt message on each person's card. It'll also give you the warm and fuzzies and get you even more into the holiday spirit.
5. It's all in the detail. Beautiful wrapping and packaging is just as important as the gift itself! A beautifully wrapped gift sitting under the Christmas tree is something very special and will create a sense of anticipation in the lead-up to the big day. That being said, think of how much waste Christmas wrapping must cause every year - remember the environment this year and use brown recycled paper to wrap your gifts. Buy beautiful coloured bows and ribbons to decorate them - this can look so simple and effective, plus you're doing your part to help the planet.