Served with toasted sourdough and ricotta, this Chicken and Zucchini Noodle Soup will make your next dinner seriously restaurant-worthy.
C H I C K E N A N D Z U C C H I N I N O O D L E S O U P
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ leek, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) chicken stock
- 3 small skinless David Jones Free-Range Chicken Breasts
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 200g podded peas
- 350g David Jones Zucchini Noodles
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- Finely grated lemon rind, to serve
- Basil leaves, to serve
- David Jones Pesto, to serve
- Toasted sourdough with ricotta, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add leek and garlic, and sauté gently until tender and translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add stock, chicken and thyme, and bring to the simmer.
- Season to taste and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through (6-7 minutes), then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Discard the thyme.
- Add peas to soup, simmer until almost tender (1-2 minutes)
- Stir in zucchini noodles and lemon juice to taste, and simmer until zucchini just wilts.
- Remove from heat.
- Shred the chicken, stir back into the soup, then divide among bowls.
- Garnish with lemon rind and basil, and top with pesto.
- Serve with sourdough.
Keep reading for all the things you need to serve your soup in style...