R o a s t p e a c h e s w i t h
D a v i d J o n e s P a v l o v a I c e C r e a m
Prep time 10 mins. Cooking time 25 mins.
Perfectly paired with the lushest peaches, roasted until gorgeously sticky, David Jones Pavlova Ice Cream takes dessert to the next level - think swirls of raspberry and passionfruit and chunks of delicate meringue throughout a creamy ice-cream base. I scream, you scream, we all scream.....
- 220 gm caster sugar
- 9 ripe peaches, halved and stones removed
- 80 ml dessert wine
- Thinly peeled rind and juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 125 gm (about 1 punnet) raspberries
- 1 litre David Jones Pavlova Ice Cream
- Pariya slivered pistachios, to serve
- For the roast peaches, preheat oven to 220C.
- Spread the sugar evenly over the base of a roasting pan that will fit peaches snugly in a single layer.
- Press the cut sides of peaches into sugar to coat thickly, then arrange cut-side up and drizzle wine and juices around them.
- Scatter orange rind into the pan, tucking in around the peaches and roast, basting occasionally with the syrup that forms in the pan, until caramelised and tender (20-25 minutes).
- Serve peaches and pan syrup warm or at room temperature with raspberries and generous scoops of David Jones Pavlova Ice Cream, scattered with pistachios.
Explore David Jones Food online now