Impress your guests this weekend with this Grilled Garlic Prawn recipe by Neil Perry. Glazed in a Mexican-inspired Prawn marinade, these mouth-watering King crustaceans are best served fresh out of the oven; the perfect choice for winter time entertaining.
G R I L L E D P R A W N S
- King prawns (2 per guest)
- 5ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Prawn marinade
- 5ml Fresh lemon juice
- Salt flakes
- Fresh flat parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Split prawns in half when they are frozen, and remove the intestinal tract.
- Brush shells lightly with olive oil, then flip over and brush marinade liberally over flesh.
- Roast in hot oven for 5 minutes or cook on grill plate, flesh side down, until flesh has caramelised and cooked through.
- Arrange prawns on serving plate, squeeze over lemon, season with salt and pepper and finish with olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
P R A W N M A R I N A D E
- 45g Fresh garlic
- 60g Ginger
- 30g Parsley
- 80g Oregano
- 12g Lemon zest
- 25g Mild Mexican Chili powder
- 5g Salt flakes
- 400ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place in cryovac bag, vacuum seal and refrigerate until required.
Note. Best made on day of service.
Shop Home & Food online now