What better way to celebrate Spring than with a long lunch? Start with a refreshing Pink Fizz Cocktail, served best alongside Smoked Salmon Crostini with Citrus Crème Fraîche. You’ll find each and every one of these ingredients instore.
P I N K F I Z Z
- 3-4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated ruby grapefruit rind
- Juice of 2 ruby grapefruit, plus extra wedges
- 1 bottle of chilled Champagne or Prosecco Rose petals, to serve
- For the sugar crust, put 2 tbsp sugar and rind in a bowl and rub with your fingertips to release the oils from the rind, then spread on a plate.
- Rub a wedge of grapefruit around the rims of 4-6 champagne coupes, then dip the rims in the sugar crust.
- Put grapefruit juice in a jug with remaining 1-2 tbsp sugar to taste.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Pour a little into the coupes, top with Champagne and serve garnished with a rose petal.
S M O K E D S A L M O N C R O S T I N I
W I T H C I T R U S C R È M E F R A Î C H E
- 200g crème fraîche
- 1 tsp each finely grated lemon rind and lime rind
- 1 tsp each lemon juice and lime juice 1 small baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
- 200g smoked salmon Salmon roe, to serve Finely chopped chives, to serve
- Combine crème fraîche, rind and juice in a bowl and season to taste.
- Spread a little crème fraîche mixture over each toast.
- Top with smoked salmon, a little more crème fraîche mixture, salmon roe and herbs, and serve.
Everything you need to host your next dinner party in style...