Festive entertaining shouldn’t be stressful – a relaxed host makes for relaxed guests, after all. It pays to make clever choices when planning food and drinks, so opt for things that can feed a crowd with ease and be prepared in advance.
A well-thought out charcuterie board ticks all the boxes, and you’ll find everything you need in-store…
- Cured sausages and salami are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Consider complementary and contrasting flavours – for example you can offset an Italian hot salami with something sweeter – think fennel and garlic – or with something more mellow, such as truffle salami or copocollo.
- A whole muscle cut, such as Wagyu bresaola, Spanish serrano ham or Prosciutto di San Daniele, shaved paper-thin, add melt-in-the-mouth texture to your board.
- Add something bready and something crunchy – Sonoma Bakery’s Tear and Share rolls are a perfect accompaniment, while Peter’s Yard Crispbreads bring the crunch factor.
- Add something tangy and something sweet – the acidity of relishes, mustards and chutneys cut through the richness of the meats, while a beautiful honey or fruit paste will counter-balance the saltiness.
- Include something fresh – slivers of melon or a beautiful bunch of grapes partner beautifully with cured meats and act as a palate cleanser.
Explore David Jones Food online now