Start your spring on a sweet note
You can’t deny the appeal of an ice cream sandwich. Simple, easy-to-make and guaranteed to please even the most discerning of taste buds, this decadent dessert is the perfect pièce de résistance for your next dinner party spread.
B R O W N S U G A R
C O O K I E I C E - C R E A M
S A N D W I C H E S
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- ½ cup (110g) brown sugar
- 180g chilled diced butter
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- David Jones Ice Cream (Salted Caramel; White Chocolate and Raspberry; and Espresso, Dark Chocolate and Almond), to serve
- Raspberries, to serve
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Process flour, sugar, butter and ½ tsp salt in a food processor until the texture of sand.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla, and process until dough comes together.
- Roll out on a piece of floured baking paper to 4mm thick and cut out rounds with a floured David Jones 7cm-diameter fluted biscuit cutter, and place on the trays.
- Refrigerate to chill (30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C fan-forced. Bake cookies until golden brown (10-12 minutes). Cool completely on trays, then store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To serve, turn half the cookies base-side up and top with a scoop of David Jones Ice Cream, sandwich with another cookie and serve with raspberries.
Recipes by Emma Knowles
Photography by William Meppem
Before you begin, make sure you have everything you need...