We’ve planned your next dinner party menu
If you thought you could only roast in winter, we’ve got good news for you. Accompanied by the right side dishes – kipfler potatoes with garlic and herb butter plus green bean and rocket salad – this balsamic-glazed Cape Grim beef rib rack can be served all year long.
With the silly season just around the corner, now is the time to start planning imminent spring-time soirées. That’s why we’ve curated the perfect menu for your next dinner party. Or for your next Wednesday night, you know, just in case you’re in the mood for something special.
B A L S A M I C - G L A Z E D C A P E G R I M
B E E F R I B R A C K R O A S T
Serves 4-6 100ml
- David Jones Balsamic Glaze, plus extra to serve
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 garlic bulb, halved
- 1.8kg 28-day dry aged Cape Grim grass-fed beef rib rack (at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 230C fan-forced.
- Combine balsamic glaze and mustard in a bowl and season to taste.
- Scatter herbs and garlic in the base of a small roasting pan and place beef on top, bone-side down, and brush with oil.
- Season well and roast until browned (12-15 minutes).
- Reduce oven to 165C.
- Brush the beef evenly with the glaze and roast, basting with remaining glaze every 15 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre of the beef, away from the bone, registers 54C for medium-rare (45 minutes-1 hour – allow about 15 minutes cooking for every 450g).
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 15 minutes.
- Brush with a little more balsamic glaze and serve.
ROAST KIPFLER POTATOES WITH GARLIC AND HERB BUTTER
David Jones Kipfler Potatoes with Garlic and Herb Butter 730g
Cook potatoes according to packet directions until tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife. Season to taste and serve hot.
GR E E N B E A N, R A D I S H
A N D R O C K E T S A L A D
200g green beans, trimmed
2 cups wild rocket leaves, stems trimmed
½ cup mint leaves
2 radishes, very thinly sliced
2 tbsp David Jones Extra Virgin
Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add beans and boil until bright green (1-2 minutes).
Drain, refresh under cold water and drain well.
Combine in a bowl with rocket, mint and radishes, and toss to combine.
Whisk oil with lemon juice and mustard in a bowl, season to taste and drizzle over the salad.
Toss lightly to combine and serve.
Keep reading to plate up your next roast right...