Jacqueline Alwill from Brown Paper Bag shares one of her favourite recipes from her collaboration with Jurlique. She also talks about the skin & health benefits of avocado.
2 cups avocado flesh
½ cup cacao powder
5 tbsp rice malt syrup
¼ tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt
1 cups almonds
1 cups pecans
¼ cup rice malt syrup
¼ cup coconut oil
pinch celtic sea salt
handful berries, cacao, or cacao nibs
1. To make the base, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz to combine.
2. Spread evenly into a 20cm round springform cake tin lined with baking paper then place in freezer to set for 30 minutes.
3. To make the filling, combine all ingredients in food processor and blitz until very smooth.
4. Spoon filling into the tart case, smooth over the top, and garnish with berries, cacao or cacao nibs.
5. Store in fridge until serving.
Benefits of Avocado
Avocados are rich in essential fatty acids that help nourish and comfort your skin. The beneficial fatty acids found in avocado oil help nurture the skin and protect it from moisture loss and dehydration. Avocado oil also helps rebalance dryness, promote elasticity and comfort delicate skin.
They're also full of essential nutrients and minerals, including vitamin B, magnesium, potassium and healthy fats. These have numerous health benefits, including keeping you fuller for longer.
Some of the Jurlique products that contain avocado oil are Calendula Cream, Intense Recovery Mask, Purely Age-Defying Ultra Rich Cleanser and Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Lotion.