This braised Zucchini with Burrata makes the perfect light lunch for family and friends. Easy to make, packed full of flavour, and best prepared for sharing.
B R A I S E D Z U C C H I N I
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g Butter
- 1kg Zucchini
- 35g Garlic, finely sliced
- 10g Long red chilli, finely sliced
- 15g Salt flakes
- 5g Lemon zest, finely zested
- Warm olive oil and butter in large stew pan over low heat, swirling the pan to combine the fat and oil.
- 'Stew' the zucchini in batches, moving around the pan as required, until cooked through, but not coloured.
- Remove zucchini from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add garlic and chilli to pan and cook gently until soft, but not coloured.
- Return zucchini to pan along with 100ml water and 'stew' slowly (uncovered) for approximately 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is meltingly tender and liquid has thickened to a sauce consistency.
- Season sauce with salt and lemon zest, then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place in cryovac bags, vacuum seal and refrigerate until required.