We love VOGUE Fashion Night Out for a lot of reasons. It’s an excuse to shop, a reason to party and an invitation to get playful with your make-up – who doesn’t love a reason to step out looking their finest?
One woman who knows how to step out in style is the stunning Jessica Gomes. After seeing her look at Vogue Fashion Night Out this year – courtesy of YSL – we’ve pledged allegiance to the loyal tribe of Yves Saint Laurent Beauté addicts.
That’s why we asked Director of Artistry for YSL Beauté Australia, Ross Andrewartha, on how we can all get Jess’s YSL look. Keep reading for his exclusive scoop.
Taking inspiration from her Los Angeles lifestyle, I wanted to create beautifully seductive summer skin for Jess. With a few easy steps using our All Hours foundations, I wanted to achieve that healthy, glowing skin that epitomises an endless summer in Sydney, or in LA. Using our new Glow Shots on top of the YSL Beauté foundation, Jess’ skin is glowing – the perfect look from day to night!
- ROSS ANDREWARTHA, DIRECTOR OF ARTISTRY FOR YSL BEAUTÉ, AUSTRALIA
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
1. To begin, start with a pearl sized amount of the All Hours Primer and gently massage over the face with your fingers or foundation brush, preparing the skin for your foundation.
2. Using your desired amount of All Hours foundation, buff into your skin with a foundation brush or polishing brush – this will allow for a smooth flawless complexion.
3. Too add brightness to the skin, use the All Hours concealer. I will dot this into the skin: four to five dots around the eye area, forehead and nose. This adds a beautiful freshness to the skin.
4. Use Saharienne Bronzer to warm the skin. I add warmth to the complexion where the sun would naturally kiss the skin – forehead, chin and cheekbones. This warmth lifts the skin and you will feel like a more bronzed and sultry version of yourself.
6. To finish off your summer skin look, add a wash of Glow Shot across the base of your eyes, gently blend to the crease and add lashings of mascara for definition. Keep lips nude - always prep the lip with liner and add the new Sparkle Clash lipstick in No 70 over the entire lip - this colour is so forgiving that you do not need to be an expert to apply this and leaves your lips looking fresh and full.
Shop Yves Saint Laurent online now