This week, classic Hollywood glamour was on full display as stars showcased stand-out trends in fashion and beauty on the Oscars red carpet. From statement lips to bold brows, here’s our guide to stealing their style...
The red lip
On the Oscars red carpet, statement red shades were on everyone’s lips. Take a cue from the stars and learn how to achieve the look in five simple steps.
- Apply a plumping lip primer to ensure your colour glides on smoothly with no flakiness. Try Estée Lauder’s New Dimension lip treatment, which plumps and fills to perfection.
- Choose your favourite shade in a matte finish. Dare to try Karlie’s punchy orange-toned red, or for Emma’s classic fire-engine shade you can’t go wrong with Dior’s Rogue Dior Lipstick in 999.
- Take a pencil liner, like Laura Mercier’s Lip Pencil in True Red, to outline the contours of your pout.
- Using a lip brush, start at the outer edges and carefully paint your lips, working colour towards the centre. Giorgio Armani’s Lip Brush will do the trick.
- To set, press your lips together against a clean tissue. If you’re after a sheen finish, swipe on a coat of this Napoleon Perdis Total Bae Gloss It! lip gloss.
A bold brow never goes astray. We round up our top product picks to help you achieve the look.
- Shape Up: Ensure your brows are well maintained with a professional pair of tweezers, like Shu Uemura's Slant design. But don’t forget that over-plucking is considered a beauty sin! More is more.
- Conceal It: To mask any redness left behind by plucking stray hairs, invest in a hardworking concealer. Try YSL’s Touche Éclat with added radiance-boosting properties.
- Fill Me In: Using a small brush, fill sparse patches with a powder colour, ensuring the shape of the brow is maintained. Tom Ford’s Brow Sculpting Kit is a handy all in one.
- Clean Sweep: If a liquid formula is more your style, apply Shu Uemura’s Eyebrow Manicure.
- It’s lit: Take a soft brush and apply a gentle sweep of Bobbi Brown’s Highlighting Powder in Pink Glow along the brow bone.