Rock and roll was the inspiration behind the hairstyles created for the David Jones' Spring Summer 2015 Fashion Launch. But ease off on the hairspray, the vibe was rock sophisticate with smooth and sleek hair as the foundation for each of the two styles.
Created especially for David Jones by Terri Robertson-Kirkwood, Creative Director for Aveda, there's a loose and sexy style for a glam rock look, and a chic ponytail style with a subtle rockabilly quiff.
Channel your inner rock muso — here's how to recreate the styles:
LOOK 1: STRIKING, SMOOTH AND SLEEK
- Section hair and damp it down with a water spray.
- Create a strong centre part.
- Prep hair by applying four spritzes of Smooth Infusion™ Style Prep.
- Next, get ready to style by applying 2 pumps of Thickening Tonic to root area on either side and then finish with a light misting through the ends.
- Start the blow-dry by using a warm heat on medium speed with a large round brush. If you have a lot of movement in your hair, increase the speed and heat slightly.
- When blowdrying, concentrate on perfect ends by not rolling them around the brush. Blowdry ends straight and controlled to ensure there are no flyaways.
- Finish with a light spritz of Air Control Hair Spray.
Terri’s top tip: When blow-drying, be very delicate and don't over dry it. Focus on control and don’t overuse your product.