Source: Getty Images
From the work Christmas party to the many events that pop up for the party season, when on the job keep your make-up minimal and play with metallics and highlights that glimmer and glow.
French make-up artist Laura Mercier delivers the perfect work party look that encapsulates her famous “flawless face” philosophy. She uses the latest Chameleon Collection to create a playful change in look from day to night by sculpting with new innovative formulas from brightening powder, shimmer blocs and the latest eye glace that merges a glossy gel with a sparkling foil to reveal a shimmery sheen perfect for a balmy Christmas affair.
1. Apply tinted moisturiser in NUDE to the entire face using fingers or an Egg-shaped sponge. It has moisturising formula that hydrates skin and softens fine, dry lines. It provides a sheer coverage with a natural and dewy finish. Laura recommends starting at the portion of the face and working inwards towards the nose.
2. Using a feather-like stroke, apply Secret Concealer 1 with the Secret Camouflage Brush under and on the outside corners of the eyes. Specifically designed for under the eyes the moisture-rich and high-pigment formula stays put for long-lasting flawless finish.
3. Secret Camouflage 2 is a unique two shade system , one to match your skin tone and the other to match skin undertones, allows you to custom create the shade you need. First use the Secret Camouflage Brush to blend the 2 concealer colours on the back of your hand. Then, use feather-light strokes to conceal the areas of concern..
4. Pick up Secret Brightening Powder 1 with the Camouflage Powder Brush and pat powder onto area of application – don’t drag. Use to set Secret concealer and Secret Camouflage, while adding an invisible lightening boost, with transparent colour lightens and brightens.
5. To give the entire face a radiant sheen swirl Shimmer Bloc in PINK MOSAIC with the Finishing Brush.
6. DAY CLOUDS - BRIGHTEN & HIGHLIGHT USING THE Smokey Eye Palette. Laura’s Technique: Use the Crème Eye Colour Brush and sweep Ivory Suede Eye Colour all over the eye lid, from lash line to brow. Blend well, as this acts as a base and highlighter. For added depth, mix with Slate Suede Eye Colour.
7. Apply the Eye Glacé (just a tiny bit - a little goes a long way) in Rose Quartz all over the top lid. You can wear it alone or layer it on top of any of Laura’s pressed eye shadows for instant transformation from discrete day to a high impact textural diamond effect for night. Blend smoothly from lash line to brow.
8. Apply Kohl Eye Pencil in Brown Copper to the upper and lower inner rim of the eyes for a dramatic look.
9. The finishing touch - enhance lashes with Full Blown Volume Suprême Lash Building Mascara in Black.
SHOP THE LAURA MERCIER COLLECTION HERE!