Moments before the David Jones A\W 2016 Fashion Launch, we take you backstage with M.A.C. Cosmetics and Aveda for your guide to the exclusive beauty look for the show.
Aveda's Creative Director for David Jones, Terri Robertson-Kirkwood has created a customised hair look for the past few seasons of the David Jones Fashion Launch shows. For this season, it was all about a celebration of natural beauty and individualism.
"The hair reflects this theme and is all about natural texture, which we see making a huge comeback both here and on international runways,” says Terri Robertson-Kirkwood. “It embodies a relaxed, nonchalant feel with beautiful movement and body.”
Here's how to recreate the look:
- Prep damp hair by sectioning and applying Thickening Tonic from roots to ends to create volume and hold.
- Next, emulsify 3-4 pumps of Phomollient Styling Foam in the palms of your hands and distribute evenly through hair.
- With a round brush, blow-dry hair in a downwards motion. Choose a slow-speed with high heat to give more control, paying extra attention to the ends.
- Once dry, create a defined part.
- Section hair and lightly spritz Witch Hazel from mid-lengths. Comb through to ends.
- Twist hair in wide sections and with a medium to large tong, gently roll hair through the barrel to smooth.
- When complete, finish look with a fine mist of Air Control Hair Spray.
- For extra grip and hold lightly puff Shampure Dry Shampoo at roots.
Watch Terri Robertson-Kirkwood demonstrate how to get the look here.
The eyes have it for this season's custom beauty look created by Carol Mackie, M.A.C. Cosmetics' Senior Artist for Australia.
“A universal look has been created but tailored to fit the face of each model. It doesn't look contrived but is about elevating the natural beauty of each model," says Carol. "The specially created look makes a statement with multi-dimensional lashes, set against fresh, radiant skin.”
Here's how to get the beauty look:
- Using a #132 Duo Fibre Foundation Brush, massage Lightful C Marine Bright Formula Softening Lotion into the skin to create a soft, supple base.
- Next, mix Prep + Prime Essential Oils and Prep + Prime Fix+ together and buff into the skin using a #168 Brush.
- Finally, using the same #168 Brush, buff a small amount of Strobe Cream into the skin for a luminous glow.
- Using the #168 Brush apply a small amount of Face and Body Foundation to even out the complexion.
- Mix a touch of Pearl Cream Colour Base and Prep + Prime Essential Oils together and use to highlight the skin.
- Using a #132 Duo Fibre Foundation Brush, buff a small amount of Paint Pot in Tailor Grey to lightly contour under the cheekbones.
- Brush brows in an upward motion using a #204 Lash Brush and apply Eye Brows Pencil in Lingering to fill in any gaps.
- Finish with Clear Brow Set to hold brows in place.
- Begin by applying Eye Kohl in Teddy to the waterline, and then softly sweep In Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Evening Grey across the eyelid with a #242 Brush for a luminous finish.
- Apply #30 Lashes to the top and #33 Lashes to the bottom, and sweep Extended Play Lash Mascara across top and bottom lashes to achieve a soft, wispy finish.
CHEEKS AND LIPS
- Use the tips of your fingers to pat Velvetease Lip Pencil in Frolic onto the lips and cheeks for a soft, flushed finish.
Watch Carol Mackie's makeup tutorial here.