Achieve Your Autumn/Winter Make-up Goals Now
With the temperature dropping, it's the perfect time to start perfecting your new season make-up look. The vibe to try is rich and earthy, based around creating an overall glow. Resident expert and David Jones Beauty Advisor Juliette Cameron is here to show you the way, using a selection of beauty products from David Jones house of brands.
“My inspiration for the autumn/winter make up look was based around the beautiful burgundy and plum hues that can be created using the Tom Ford Honeymoon palette. A glowing complexion is essential if you want skin that is consistently gorgeous throughout the cooler seasons. I wanted to create a look that would be achievable, alluring and suitable for everyone to try.”
– David Jones Beauty Advisor, Juliette Cameron
Beauty products required:
- Shu Uemura Skin Perfector Block: Booster in Clear
- YSL All Hours Primer
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (4, 4.5, 5, 5.5)
- Diorskin Undercover Concealer in 010
- Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch Concealer (3, 3.5)
- MAC Studio Loose Powder
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium
- MAC Extra Dimension Blush in Telling Glow
- Dior Nude Illuminating Highlighter
- Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil in Tea Beige, and Brown
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Black Plum and Mahogany
- Tom Ford Quad Eyeshadow in Honeymoon
- Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen in Deeper
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Diorshow Mascara Pump N Volume
- Diorglow Lipglow in 100
- Giorgio Armani Lip Liner in 4
- YSL Tatouage Couture in Rosewood Gang or Nu Interdit
- Tom Ford make up brushes
- Brush belt
- Cotton Pads
- Cotton Swabs
- Make up Remover
- Hand Sanitiser
STEP BY STEP
1. To ensure the skin is hydrated and ready for make up application, massage
Shu Uemura Skin Perfector Block Booster over the face until absorbed.
Shu Uemura Skin Perfector Block: Booster in Clear
2. Then apply YSL All Hours Primer over the face, this will ensure the skin is
smoothed and ready for foundation, this is particularly important in cooler
weather conditions when skin may feel dry and lacklustre.
YSL All Hours Primer
3. Using a foundation brush, blend the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk
Foundation all over the face, this will create a glowing, hydrated complexion
while evening skin tone and smoothing imperfections.
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
4. Apply the Diorskin Undercover Concealer to correct any dark circles or
discolouration around the eye area, blend into the skin using a small
camouflage brush or finger tips. Then apply the Giorgio Armani High
Precision Retouch concealer to illuminate the under eye area, eyelid and
underneath the brow bone, blend with fingertips or make up sponge.
Diorskin Undercover Concealer and Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch Concealer
5. With a sponge, take the MAC Studio Loose Powder and gently apply under
the eye area to set the concealer, this will help to avoid creasing and
increase the longevity of the make up. Then, with a powder brush, gently apply a small amount of the MAC Studio Loose
Powder over the face to set the complexion.
MAC Studio Loose Powder
7. Take the Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder and a powder/contour brush and
sweep under the cheekbones and around the face to add warmth and
Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium
8. Using the Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil, comb through and fill in the brows to
create lift and definition to the eye area.
Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil in Tea Beige and Brown
9. Taking the Tom Ford Quad Eyeshadow, sweep the lightest shade across the
eyelid, then apply the darkest shade to the crease and blend through to
diffuse the colour. Apply the burgundy shade with fingertips in the centre of
the eyelid, then blend some more of the darkest shade from the outer
corner through the crease.
Tom Ford Quad Eyeshadow in Honeymoon
10. Taking the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil in black plum to the lower
lash line and apply a quarter way along, this will avoid making the eyes
appear smaller while still adding drama and definition. Blend into the crease
colour to create a winged effect.
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Black Plum and Mahogany
11. Apply the Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen to the eye lid, across the upper lashes
and gently create a slight wing towards the outer corner of the eye.
Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen in Deeper
12. Once dry, curl the lashes using the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, then apply the Diorshow Mascara Pump N Volume to the upper and lower lashes.
Diorshow Mascara Pump N Volume and Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
Take the MAC Extra Dimension Blush and with a blush powder brush, take
the blush shade and apply sparingly to the apples of the cheeks.
MAC Extra Dimension Blush in Telling Glow
14. Then take the Dior Nude Illuminating Highlighter and apply to the upper
cheek bones, around the orbital bone, down the centre of the nose and
across the cupids bow, to add a gorgeous glow to the whole complexion.
Dior Nude Illuminating Highlighter
15. Prime the lips with the Diorglow lip balm, this will ensure that the lips and
supple and smooth, especially important during winter. Line the lips using
the Giorgio Armani Lip Liner then apply the YSL Tatouage Couture to fill in
Dior Nude Illuminating Highlighter, Diorglow Lipglow in 100 and Giorgio Armani Lip Liner in 4
A beautiful, achievable, glowing make up application that will leave the complexion
hydrated and ready for the change of seasons.