M.A.C. make-up artists show us how they did that perfect smokey eye at the Alice McCall show this week.
There’s no denying the allure of the smokey eye. It’s subtle, it’s sexy, and it was this year’s signature look at the Alice McCall Mercedes Benz runway show. But how did they do it?
Alice McCall Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia 2017
Achieving the right ratio of eye liner to mascara is never quite as easy as it seems. How do you know how much to smudge? And what kind of products should you use? Inspired by the McCall show we wanted to give the look a try, and thankfully, M.A.C. gave us their shortcuts:
- Finish off your base by pressing your favourite moisturiser on top! This will give your look a subtle glow.
- Don't cover up your under eye circles, roll with them instead! For the Alice McCall show, we followed the natural shadow under the girls’ eyes for the shape for their eye shadow. That way each model had the perfect shape to suit their individual look.
- Smudge your eye shadow with a soft fluffy brush all the way around eyes, in the socket line, and under eyes.
- To accentuate your eye colour, tap a shimmer colour onto the centre of the eyes top and bottom.
- Apply layer upon layer of your favourite coloured mascara. For the Alice McCall show we used Feel my Pulse Mascara in Dirty Aubergine and went crazy, using the product on both the top and bottom lashes for a chunky, spidery look.
- To finish off the look, gently pat a matte lipstick onto your pout in a soft mauve or nude.
Shop smokey eye essentials