PACK AND GO, By Stephanie Darling
Holiday season is fast approaching, so it’s time to renovate your beauty travel essentials. Check on use-by dates and be ruthless in your edit. Looking your vacation best is all about packing the cream of the crop, including some favourite two-in-ones, must-have minis, plus an essential palette.
TOP TEN TO TAKE
1) Minis: travelling light is essential for a happy holiday, so a compact travel kit, is top of the list. Pack Dermologica Normal/Oily Skin Kit
2) Hydration is an all-important starting point and a purse size skin quencher is key for keeping skin looking and feeling fresh. Try Jurlique Lavender Hydrating Mist
3) Post-flight recovery, you just can’t go past the SK-11 Skin Signature 3D Refining Mask. Take 20 minutes out, in a horizontal position, to let this mask work its magic.
4) Coverage: For easy application, combined with a number of skin savers, the latest BB creams offer great coverage for everyday, plus SPF and moisturising benefits. Our favourite at the moment is Estee Lauder Double Wear All-Day Glow BB Moisture Makeup.
5) Lip sync: The chubby stick has to be one of the best beauty inventions, ever. We love Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint Lip in Poppin Poppy, as it can double as a lipstick, blush and eyeshadow. Plus it is a genius to travel with, as there is no risk of spillage.
6) Fragrance: Mini fragrances are in the same travel-friendly category as the chubby stick. They are a take anywhere no fuss little must-have that will have your smelling fragrant at all times. Chloe's My Little Minis are the perfect compact travel accessories - take all three, one for morning, noon and night!
7) Palettes: Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura Shupette has-it-all eye & lip palette, has serious collectors’ cred. The palette features Kaiser Karl’s precious Siamese cat, Shupette, who he sketched for the adorable packaging. The palette’s not bad either. Grab it while you can.
8) SPF 50 is an absolute travel essential to protect your skin at all times no matter what climate you are travelling to. Remember to apply half an hour before you venture out. Try Ella Bache Great 50+ Sportsbloc.
9) After sun care: Now, I know you are not going to get burnt because you’re wise to that but if by some misshap that happens then Sisley Sunleya Age Minimizing After Sun Care comes to the rescue to help sooth damaged skin.
10) Highlighter: For a sun-kissed effect, you can’t go past Napoleon Perdis Whipped Dream Tan Enhancer to create that glisteny summer glow.