The David Jones beauty buyers have been busy compiling a list of this season's most coveted beauty products. What does this mean for you? All the guesswork has been taken out - you get their top 10 tried-and-tested products to try this summer. Take it from the experts - the following list will be your best friend when it comes to beautifying yourself in the coming months. Enjoy!
1. Ella Bache Great Tan Without Sun. Pro tip: before applying false tan, spend five minutes with a dry body brush or use an oil-free exfoliator in the shower to get rid of dead skin cells. This ensures your tan will be streak free and easier to apply. Wearing disposable rubber gloves also works a treat to banish unsightly tan marks from the creases of your hands!
2. Clinique High Impact Mascara. This is the mother of all mascaras for summer! Specially developed to thicken lashes whilst separating them, all in one go. Pro tip: Prevent panda eyes by using a skin primer and setting powder before applying the mascara, and then applying a fine mist of setting spray after your makeup is complete.
3. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Wake up looking rested and rejuvenated, every single morning! Pro tip: Keep this in the fridge for an ultra soothing, calming effect. You'll look forward to bedtime every night.
4. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. This is the miracle wand of every woman who knows their beauty products! It somehow highlights the parts you want to accentuate, such as cheekbones and under the arches of the eyebrows, and also conceals blemishes and fine lines. No idea how, but we're not complaining. Pro tip: Apply a thin line down the centre of your nose and blend in softly. This makes your nose appear slimlined and straight.
5. Dior Addict Lip Glow. This is a great summer gloss as it isn't sticky or gluggy. It blends in with the natural colour of your lips for an individual, unique colour. Pro tip: Apply a thin coat of your favourite lipstick underneath and layer the gloss over the top for a sheer summery look. Build the lipstick underneath to build the intensity of your desired colour!
6. Lancome L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick. This super moisturising lipstick is a handbag essential this summer. Pro tip: Want matte lips? After applying a coat of lipstick, blot off lightly with a tissue. Repeat 2-3 times to your desired colour. This also ensures the colour will stay put for hours on end.
7. Hermes Terre D'Hermes Eau de Toilette Spray. We haven't forgotten about the men! This is a classic, sophisticated scent that reminds us of summer in Tuscany. Pro tip: Make your fragrance last longer by using the matching body wash, moisturiser and aftershave for a subtle build on top of your fragrance.
8. La Mer The Eye Concentrate. A miracle in a jar. That's all we're going to say. Pro tip: Store this in the fridge along with your other serums - the cooling effect will also banish puffiness and feel extra luxurious.
9. Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation. Primer. Is. So. Important! Especially in summer! It'll ensure your makeup stays put and doesn't sweat off. Pro tip: Instead of applying with a brush, use your fingertips for a lighter and more even application.
10. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Pro tip: Apply in upward motions from the middle of your face outward. This is good for blood circulation and acts as a mini lymphatic draining massage as well!
For the full list of our buyers top picks, take a look at our edit here.